Friday, June 1, 2012

What a Girl Wants



I'd felt weird lately. It wasn't like a cold. But still..strange. Like, having dreams where I woke up in someone else's body. Go figure.

Usually, that is not me. There is nothing supernatural about my life. But this was someone who had power over people. I think. I'm not sure. The dreams were kind of fuzzy. But I was doing things. Possibly, bad things.

"Like what?" Of course, my best friend in the world Aidan wanted to know. We always talked. I kind of wished I hadn't brought it up at the moment. Especially, at the library. After all, he was the helpful one. Helping with the decorations of the summer reading program. In fact, he was busy with a mural on the YA wall. Comic book yet Anime inspired. He was artsy that way. And I was just there, watching. Feeling as if this might be a dream too.

"Oh, you don't want to know." Why did I bring it up? I couldn't get weird on him. But then again, he knew I was kind of weird. He knew all about my adventures in dating. How online outings had only meant a boy who thought he was Tom Cruise with long hair, while in fact he was more Jason Schwartzman that turned out to be gay.

 "You are gonna laugh." I was a bit giddy. Could have been about the dream, or the fact that Aidan was in the dream.

"Come on, Paris, you can tell me." He was all smiles as he cleaned his hands of paint on his finger tips. "You know, you are dying to tell me."

I shrugged with a grin. We were simply friends. Honestly, we were. I didn't want to change that. I really didn't. I bit my bottom lip, thinking I'd give him an edited version. I gritted then, wondering if I should make the whole thing up, and yet..it felt like a certain epiphany I should hold true to myself. I bit my bottom lip.

"I had this dream I was on a horse. It felt so real." Even my limbs felt shaky thinking about it. As if I really did have the beast between me all night long. It was as if I'd been one with nature. Completely. I sensed the moist soil beneath me. How the cold damp wind wrapped around me to hold me steady going through a very errie forest.

I sucked in a breath. How in the world could I tell him that it was him I'd turned into a stallion of some kind.

3 comments: