Wednesday, December 21, 2011

wee bit of wednesday with ellie



Where is the week going?

Well, I've been wrapping presents. Working on presents..and of course, work.

Mom, thought my brother was seeing someone new. She's very suspicious. But he swears he's not. Not that we had him swear on a bible or anything. As it is, we are dragging. Especially, Lars. According to him, I just think I am, but I'm really not.

We have been Christmas shopping, but actually not really shopping. He's the biggest procrastinator in the world. Snarling his nose up to this and that. Talk about BAH HUMBUG, well, somebody's almost got a bad case of it. Almost.

Dad is promising how good he's gonna be this Christmas. He has to go on with that story that starts.."Remember that one time..when I really upset your mother on Christmas morning..." And I eyeball him giving him a dreaded..Yes...

There are so many things I'd rather be doing, however, we did get the tree up last night. God, I wish I could be in this really sweet mood that all these different refreshing bloggers are, but no. I guess its me. I'm just not sold on Christmas.

I know its my own fault I didn't got to work Christmas party the night it snowed. And my fault again that I didn't go to the City party. But I had been working a really long day. And, I didn't really want to have lunch with my supervisor. Fake. Fake. Fake. That's what it would have been.

We did go out with Caleb and friends over the weekend. It was cold. We stood a good thirty minutes out in the cold just to go to OLD CHICAGO. I got to chat with my brother who didn't bring a date but we shared a pizza while Lars ate a cheese burger. I told him all about my friend who is vegan. Wondering what she would have eaten here. Definitely not our pizza. My brother loves meat.



I have seen the two movies I've wanted to see now. The Descendents and Young Adult. I might see WAR HORSE. Hopefully.

So my room is a mess once again. We just throw everything off the bed and go to sleep at night. Lars wants it so cold in our room And it is uber cold. Thank got he's HOT. He does keep the bed war. Brrrrr.. Even now I'd love it if he'd wrap his arms around me, but he's working. And I need to work on a circular scarf.

We did miss out on the last blizzard. It went South of us and then its going East.

Here's a favorite recipe in our region. Good old buckeyes....

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 6 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter, vanilla and confectioners' sugar. The dough will look dry. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
  2. Press a toothpick into the top of each ball (to be used later as the handle for dipping) and chill in freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.
  3. Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir frequently until smooth.
  4. Dip frozen peanut butter balls in chocolate holding onto the toothpick. Leave a small portion of peanut butter showing at the top to make them look like Buckeyes. Put back on the cookie sheet and refrigerate until serving.
I hope they hook up! And he takes her back to live with his tribe. One of the many reasons why I watch HELL ON WHEELS.

‘I can kill five of ya.’ ‘Ya hear that. He ain’t fully loaded. He got only six bullets.’ ‘Oh, I got six bullets. I was just gonna shoot you twice.’
Bohannan Hell on Wheels   

2 comments: