Wednesday, April 6, 2011

crackship fiction

I've always loved the story of Oliver (Jamie Campbell Bower) and Bex (Kat Dennings) from Blue Hearts. Two actors we'll probably never see together, but we should.  


FEELING LIKE A CIGARETTE

Oliver hadn't felt like a cigarette, after all. He laid in bed the longest time hanging on to Bex's undies like a teddy bear. God, he could not get enough of her.

Where did she come up with peaches?

He was mad at himself. Yet not really. Something had happened. Hadn't it? Would she forget?

Oliver finally brought up the Internet to check his e-mail. Thinking he might write her something of an apology if, anything. But she'd gotten there first.

He opened the e-mail, scanned her words carefully. "My god, its a fucking novel!"

She started out saying how sorry she was, and she was pretty sure she didn't deserve someone as sweet as he. And she'd hate to ruin their friendship.

"Bullshit." He stared at the screen. Who in the hell was this bullshit for?

He called her on his cell, immediately. She hadn't gone to sleep. Thank God.

"Listen, really, its gonna be all right. Everything is gonna be fine. You'll see," Oliver promised. "I would never stop talking to you. You have to believe me. And this, this just makes it-" He almost said complete, but he felt so unraveled at the moment.

"God, Oliver, I'll fuck everything up." She told him. He wanted to say, well, fuck me first so we can really find out, but he didn't.

"No. No, you won't. You're not like that." He felt slightly on edge that she'd never quite believe him. "Is he there?"

"No."

"Then I could come over." He'd run barefooted if he had too.

"No. You can't. I can't let you-" She was crying.

"All right," Oliver sighed. "I just want you to be happy."

"I know that."

"Actually with just me and nobody else." He had to put that in.

"We will."

"Really?" he asked. She didn't say anything. "Honestly?"

Still no answer.

"Bex! Bex? Are you there? Please tell me, he's not killing you or anything!" Oliver felt his heart race. "Bex!"

"Sorry, I had to throw up."

"Well, thanks for not letting me listen in on that part, but you could have, you know. I wouldn't have minded." His eyes lit. "You're important to me." Now he might throw up if he heard her answer.

"Why don't we do something after work on Friday," Bex then said.

"Sure." He closed his eyes then. A calm was setting in.

more

8 comments:

  1. My god it's an effing novel! Haha, that seems like something Bex would do. Pour her heart out into one long document, sometimes that truly is the best therapy. I love Bex and Oliver together but there's something so rough about Oliver and delicate about Bex...almost clashing. But doesn't that make the best relationships sometimes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always loved these two together. I wanted her to get away from Dayton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you write this? It's impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember reading that. I wish I hadn't stopped with blogger. I fell way behind with reading everyone's stories and me being lazy, never really started reading again. Except Cady's because she deleted her old one and started a whole new one. XD I miss talking to you and Cait. :( I wish I could freeze time or not need sleep, even then there might not be enough to do everything. Thanks for the comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I loved this couple. They were so fun..especially how this and what happened..I'm glad Cait updated, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment. :)

    I loved watching people fight on t.v. when I was little, not so much because they were fighting, but because they say either very intelligent and witty things or, well, not-so-intelligent and witty things. XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's interesting L. yeah, tv can be inspiring.

    ReplyDelete