Friday, October 11, 2013

1D on the darkside

1D Darkside #2




"Wait!" My voice was shaky. Actually, my whole body didn't feel quite right. I didn't know what to expect. There was a certain energy that I couldn't quite grasp. A feeling of being alive and yet frightening too. "Don't go!"

How was I survive? What should I expect? "What did you do to me?" I tried to run after Louis, but he was quick so I had to use my senses to keep up with him.  I squinted hard, trying to focus on him. Next thing I knew I was close to him.

Actually, I couldn't say if it was me, or him.

"I don have time for this." He was cold, but he shoved a bottle of pills into my hand. "Take one a day and you'll be fine."

"Like a vitamin?"  I couldn't help but ask, but as I looked at them I thought of my sister who was on THE PILL in college. I stared at the bottle with the bright red capsules. "Is this blood?" I squinted hard.

"Yeah, you'll need to refrigerate that." He shrugged as if it was an after thought.

"Really?" I cringed. "So I..I can go home?" It sounded so grim. So ordinary. I didn't even get to hear 1 Direction sing. I didn't even get a T-shirt. I know that sounded selfish, and I should be thankful that Louis saved my life and all. Still, he was a little selfish, I sensed. Is that what happens to you when you're..you're..well, he was undead, wasn't he?

He looked at me out of the corner of his eye as if he'd have to think on it.

"Oh, come on? I guess this must happen all the time." I couldn't help but smile, thinking there would be a reality show soon on MTV about THE NIGHT LOUIS BIT ME. Well, I hoped their story was a lot more romantic than mine.

"No it doesn't happen all the time." He was a little testy when he said it, and his canines exposed a sharp edge as if he might expose his fangs to prove me wrong.

"Sorry.'\" He did have a way of making me feel just a wee bit incomplete. Like he might hate me, or something. "I get it. You're so busy." Wasn't he engage or something?

I brushed my hair back, yet patted my thick hair down where he'd bitten me.

He rolled his eyes as if I was ruining his precious time, but he took my hand as if he'd do the right thing.

"I guess, you should stay." His hands were so cold, but I really didn't mind.

"Really?" I was actually shocked as we stood there in the dark corridor of the back wing of the stadium.

"Oh, god..stop being such a fan girl, will you, now?" He pulled me along. For the first time I wanted to yell back to Hattie. If only she could see me now. If only.

"You'll be my assistant, or something." He informed me on the way to the bus.

"Or something?" What could that mean? I felt as if I was stumbling over my own feet and yet I felt as I was levitating. I actually was.

"Don't do that." He slammed me back down before I could fly.

"What did I do?" He'd wounded my ego as well as my little feat of actually walking on perhaps cloud 9.

"You, really are going to need my help, aren't you?" He festered a frown.

"I dunno. I could figure it out." I felt sure I'd find the answer on Google somehow, but if he did want to help...

He only sighed.

"Please, can you, just be a bit natural. That's all I'm asking." He put his arm around me.

"Natural?" Oh, he was going to have explain a lot, too me.

Before I knew it, he was introducing me to the rest the boys.

"This..this is ..um.." He had to think for a moment. "Cass. My cousin ..from America."

3 comments:

  1. Such a strange turn of events - loving it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for more of this story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think asking any 'fan girl" to act natural around 1D is a bit too much of an ask!

    ReplyDelete