Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wednesday woes

My Cat Died

We got Gatsby back in 1998 at a pet store. He was a feisty one. He loved the hunt. And he could catch the family bird. Several times actually. And he never killed it. 

That bird died a few days after we gave it to the neighbor back in 2009 when we moved.

Anyway, Gatsby was a neutered male tuxedo cat. And we all thought he went gay when the orange tabby Augustus got in the house with him while we were on vacation.

There was orange and black hair all over the house when we came home. They'd even killed a mole in the basement. He was a fickle cat that didn't want to be touched, after that.

Then he had to live with a Siamese a good portion of his life. He hated her very much. Once Butch the Maine Coon moved in, they were friends for life and did everything together. Like bathed each other, slept together and the usual every day cat pounce.

Well, for a while..anyway.

Recent years, he wasn't so much fun with his friend, but he did love a good cuddle and purred immensely.

He will be very missed even for a very old cat. I'm thankful he came home all those times we thought he was lost.

The last time he got in the neighbor's garage and was gone for 3 days. I was so afraid I'd never see him again, but I knew where he'd been. He smelled like old oil and was so dusty.

He never got out of the house, after that.

Sorry, I'm crying. 

The last moments I watched him sleeping..he reminded me that he was a kitten once. Maybe he was thinking of things he did when he was a kitten.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so, so sorry for your loss :( I hope you're alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry! :( at least he is at peace now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to let you know, I have a new name and URL.

    Please update bookmarks to Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans .

    x

    ReplyDelete