Friday, August 31, 2012

What a girl Wants



Oh, it was a small feat, but I was happy to see Denny liked broccoli with his Mac n' Cheese. He seemed to hit it off with Dad, too.

Yes, I was all smiles through dinner. We'd made some quick, ham steak. Still it was fullfilling the daily requirements of a real meal.

Xander on the other hand, was being a bit cross. Or silent.

Denny, was all smiles. He helped set the table, even helped with the clean up. I was really glad he was here. Xander, not so much.

"What about us?" He whispered in my ear. Maybe I acted as if I didn't hear. Didn't mean to. Perhaps, my heart was really going out to Denny. But I could see Xander had his wants and needs too. Although, it was confusing to consider.

They both needed a home.

"When is the last time you even talked with your mother?" I winced.

"Can't remember." He slightly scowled as he dried a dish and put it away while Denny rinsed for me.

"Or won't?" I shot back.

"Can we not discus this now?" His scowl was getting bigger.

"Yeah, sure." I nodded. Listening to Denny talk about his favorite shows and what he'd like to be when he grew up.

"I want to fly planes." He informed me.

"Wow." I smiled. Possibly a bit enthusiastic. Still I was thinking, should we call the police? Was their Mom all right.

Just then Dad asked Denny if he knew how to ride a bike. Denny nodded with a smile.

"Well, I think I have just the thing, then. Want to go to the park?" He asked. My dad loved to work on old bikes. I on the other hand wasn't much for them, but at least he had someone who was excited about this sort of transportation.

"Finally, we're alone." Xander's eyes brighten. I couldn't help but smirk.

He kissed me as if it were the only thing to do. A bit unexpected, as he pushed me against the kitchen counter. I pushed him off before he got ahead of me. It was really so rushed and not as ravishing as he possibly hoped. At this rate my first time would be a quickie that would just be a race that I'd miss totally.

"Why are like this?" OK, stupid question perhaps. I needed a breath. At least think this through.

"I don't think you want me." He quickly told me as if he needed me in his arms, pressing a bit much. I pushed him off.

"You really think you should be thinking this, right now." I winced.

"You're letting my little brother get the best of you." His eyes opened wide. Now he acted as if there was some sort of jealousy.

"Are you for real?" I laughed at him now as I slid my way out. "You are really something." I shook my head. Honestly, I didn't know what to think. But the silence hung on as I finished up the dishes.

"Your mother is gone. Aren't you worried?" I winced thinking how could his mind only be on one thing.

"I don't think about it." He shrugged. At least, he wasn't in that ripped Tee now.

"Why not?" I looked back at him.

"Please, just give me a chance..to..be..to have this." His lashes fluttered as if he really needed a break from being his little brother's keeper.

How could I say NO?

I kissed him then. Slower, with the assurance that I would be here for him.

3 comments: