Saturday, November 6, 2010

Josie

Honestly, I don't really like India Eisley's acting. Possibly, its just her character on Secret Life, or it could be the writing. I'm not a fan of the show. Its too preachy and I just don't get it. You know, how many people love the show.

But still I had to think of someone for Derrick. I had thought of her well, last month or so. You know, he needed to have someone around him. So I thought I would dip into that path. Find their history.

She is an artist. Loves to crochet. In my Ellie stories, you'll see how Ian notices Josie. She comes in on Sundays to teach little kids how to crochet and knit. I actually have some friends who do this at our library. Sometimes, I help out. It just hasn't been the same for awhile though.

But in my take in the novel, she's possibly a bit more than Derrick wants or needs at the moment. They do like the same music. But she has to show him what she was raised on. Ant music. Adam Ant. Actually, I have my Mom to thank for that.

I guess I wanted to think of someone that I'm not quite sure I like. Because, I'm not quite sure Derrick likes her, either. Naturally, comes the question..Who is using who? And is he even a person who is like that? Of course he gets in a few fixes with Billy. A character I'm not sure I'm ready to write about yet. Well, at least here.

1 comment: