I just have to say, shower moments might not be as cool as they are... as in 500 Days of Summer. Especially, when all you get is water in your eyes.
Mom and I were talking about music for make out moments. I know, no one but my mom would discuss this. She's kind of a quirky romantic or should have been Anna Faris' mother. Her favorite bands are....
1. ELO (a firm believer still in this band to make the moment happen)
2. Steve Miller (preferable abracadrabra as some music history for my Mom & Dad)
3. Bee Gees (Jive talking does something for my Mom, evidently)
(They both have a thing for Adam Ant. My dad is fond of DEVO)
So..I had to think about this..for some time. Too much time..perhaps. But at the moment..
1. Freelance Whales (The first 3 songs on Weathervane does it for me)
2. Seawolf (I'm a wolf)
3. Pet-shop Boys (who would have thunk it)
(Lars said I had to guess. But this is the guy who wore Insane Clown Posse make up in middle school and used to love KORN concerts. I'm still guessing) Going with THE SMITHS..at the moment..
Or..something new and very indie..like Telekinesis' I saw lightening
MOVING ON AS TO NOT DWELL...
My brother is hopefully getting a newer car. Dad might be pissed if he uses the money he loaned him.. for something else. Caleb has been getting lots of hours of work. Work. Work..work..I have to remember to be happy about that. For all of us.
I found out that my cousin's husband got caught by the cops through Facebook. I am beginning to wonder if she likes him in jail, or something. He's spent a majority of it in jail during their first year of marriage. Still they have an adorable baby. Freaky thing is, this has to do with child support. But I don't get how being in jail can help one who needs to work to pay child support.
Still apple season here. Yum! I did find out my closest friend does not eat raisins. My other friend is strictly vegan but won't eat avocados or mushrooms. TWO things I'd live on if I were vegan. Not that I eat that much meat. Like my one friend who's Mom is on a diet where they both eat only meat and cheese. Her mom has lost 13 or 33 pounds. I'm not sure which it is.
I have been playing around with making cookie bars.
a. I hate to wait for cookies in the oven. (I tend to burn things)
b. its fun to make it like a pizza.
c. Lars needs snacks when he works.
The apple & raisin bars were the best! The chocolate chip ones with coconut were sticky. I gave them to the birds. I don't want Lars to be the trash compactor that my Dad is. He will still eat all my Mom's leftovers at a restaurant.
apple raisin bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups diced Golden Delicious apple
- 3/4 cup raisins
Directions1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, blend together sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla for 3 minutes or until smooth.
4. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; mix for 2 minutes or until just incorporated. Stir in diced apples and raisins and spread into prepared pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting into bars and serving.